1) You’ll get a one-of-a-kind, special look that will maximize your enjoyment of your home. Designers have access to lots of products and fabrics that are not available to the general public. We notice the details in how to balance colors, architecture, and scale to fit each space. I’ll help you narrow down your style and color preferences, fill you in on new products, current trends and furniture options, while helping you keep within your budget wherever possible.
2) A designer will help you save time and money by making sure your furniture, rugs, accessories, and window treatments work together and fit your space. One of the most important services I offer is on-line floor plans clients can also edit if they wish. Hiring a designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and help you make design decisions that will increase the value of your home.
3) Designers work to achieve cohesiveness and functionality in your final design — whether your needs include attractive storage or display options, child-friendly or pet-friendly furniture, extra space for entertaining or accommodating overnight guests, a designer will help you figure out your priorities and how to accommodate them to fit your budget.4) A designer will present several (or more) options for each piece of furniture, rugs, window treatments, and accessories, so you control the final decisions and aesthetic — but still make sure everything works well together.
5) Are you interested in a mix of styles, or do you and your partner other family members have very different design ideas? A designer can be a neutral 3rd-party guide to help navigate varying tastes and create acceptable compromises.
6) I can save you time and legwork! It’s not easy to find the time (and patience) to wade through many online shopping sites or stores. I’ll handle and coordinate that process for you and get you samples of fabrics or wood finishes, etc. where possible. I’ll also present design “boards” (typically on-line) for your feedback and approval. You can even choose to shop with me, if you prefer.
7) Designer discounts: I’m sometimes able to pass on designer discounts to my clients as an additional advantage of working with me. 10 – 20% discounts may be available at higher-end to-the-trade stores.